Large Non-Profit Health Care System Heals Their Mobility Program
This large non-profit health care system in the U.S. northeastern region has more than 2,000 physicians and 15,500 employees. The organization relies on nearly 5,000 devices, primarily smartphones, to operate each day.
The client was struggling to manage its enterprise mobility environment with limited resources and several disparate management tactics. Predominant challenges included:
- Sparse Support: The staff was unable to keep up with the volume of device orders and trouble tickets coming in from employees. The assigned team had neither the bandwidth nor knowledge for adequate and timely processing of internal requests.
- Carrier Management: The client worked with three mobile carriers, managing orders and plans directly through each provider’s portal. The portals each had different user interfaces (UXs), formats and requirements, which made carrier management disjointed and confusing.
- Cost Allocation: The team was using a set of internal spreadsheets to manage departmental cost allocation for its mobility plans and individual lines, which made the accounting process burdensome.
- Inventory Management: The client was relying on bills to understand inventory instead of having a centralized repository for managing devices in use and cold storage.
- Personal Information Prioritization: As a health care provider, they place a strong emphasis on data security, heightening concern about working with external partners.
- Staff resources
- Device inventory management
- Order processing
- Cost allocation
- Plan monitoring and optimization
SOLUTION AND RESULTS
Strapped for resources, the client enlisted help from vMOX to get a handle on its enterprise mobility environment. By streamlining internal processes, controlling inventory and optimizing mobility plans, vMOX has been able to save the client more than $1.6 million in the first 2.5 years of their contract, with an ongoing monthly savings of approximately $63,000.
Remarkable savings are accompanied by vMOX’s expert mobility management solutions, which have enabled the client to realize the following benefits:
- Knowledgeable Support: vMOX centralized and streamlined equipment purchasing activities to make it easier for employees to make device requests, along with removing the burden of management.
- Carrier Management: The client leveraged the vMOX OnePortal to streamline its interactions with carriers – one format, one UX, one centralized place to manage orders and changes.
- Cost Allocation: The client did away with disparate cost allocation spreadsheets and leveraged granular reporting from vMOX to easily account for all lines of service. In one centralized report, the team could analyze each line, its associated cost center, the responsible party and the cost itself.
- Inventory Management: vMOX’s online inventory management system provided client visibility into all its devices – both in-use and idle – delivering real-time information on usage detail and trends.
- Personal Information Prioritization: vMOX’s dedication to confidentiality and upholding strict data protection policies helped the company become the client’s trusted enterprise mobility partner.